Terms and Conditions
By submitting this application for the pet listed below, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Return the pet to Goliad Pet Adoption Program or assume financial responsibility for all treatment if an illness is diagnosed that was present but undetected at time of adoption. A statement signed by the veterinarian describing the pets condition must accompany a returned pet. Goliad Pet Adoption Program is not responsible for veterinary expenses on or after the adoption date.
- Provide fresh food, water, shelter, exercise and other necessary care. and provide permanent, proper and humane care.
- Provide shelter at all times. All dogs must have a doghouse and fenced in living area suitable for exercise. No pet should be chained or permitted to roam under any circumstances.
- Keep current license and rabies vaccination tags on pet at all times.
- Take the pet to a veterinarian on a regular basis. I agree to immediately provide my pet with medical care at my own expense I it becomes ill or injured.
- Give the pet all necessary vaccinations and heartworm preventative as directed by my veterinarian.
- Permit Goliad Pet Adoption Program to inspect my pets new home when requested and authorize Goliad Pet Adoption Program to remove my pet from my custody if it is found to be receiving inadequate care, abused, neglected, improperly housed or handled, or if there is evidence that any of the provisions of this contract are being violated. If my pet is reclaimed I understand that Goliad Pet Adoption Program will not be obligated to refund the adoption fee or any other expenses incurred by this adoption.
By submitting this application, I release and discharge Goliad Pet Adoption Program from liability for any injury or damage to any person or property caused in the future by this animal and from any causes of action, claims, suits or demands whatsoever that may arise as a result of such injury or damage.
The Texas Health and Safety (Chapter 829) requires that any animal adopted from a shelter MUST BE SPAYED OR NEUTERED.